|Mummy, I'm home.|
Frankly, I am ashamed to admit that growing up would be a major lifestyle change for me. So I'm taking the baby steps method. My first step is this list. Perhaps you'd like to join me and add your list below.
- Astronaut. In addition to being the obligatory childhood ambition, I hear that the infinite vacuum of space is largely tidy and er, spacious. That would be one giant leap for this woman.
- Tightrope walker. I am currently an unpaid circus performer, so a swap to paid circus performer doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Plus, this has been a dream of mine since discovering Phillipe Petit and Man on a Wire.
- Filthy-rich layabout. I hear there are downsides, like a crushing sense of guilt and a propensity to collect poodles. But I've thought long and hard about it, and decided that I'm willing to hang out with any sort of dog if it means I get to sleep in and faff about.
- Superhero. A fusion of the world's three best things: flying, do-goodery and dressing up. Unfortunately, most successful candidates begin their careers by falling into vats of battery acid or getting bitten by giant spiders.
- Throat singer. I'd be a heckava busker if I could master this sound. I'd never get rich, but I'd be the coolest thing on the underground.
|A very short rat race.|
Like this guy, I'll continue to put adulthood off...for now.